Having a hysterectomy used to mean that bearing a child was out of the question, but with advances in medicine even after you have a partial hysterectomy, own egg surrogacy will allow you to advance your genetic line. While surrogacy is not accepted in some countries, surrogacy clinics in India, Russia, parts of the US and several other countries are helping people realize their dreams of having a family.
According to a study by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, approximately 3.1 million women had a hysterectomy between the years 2000 and 2004. While getting pregnant after a hysterectomy isn’t possible, you can still have a child through gestational surrogacy.
About Partial Hysterectomy
- Also known as a subtotal hysterectomy, this procedure differs from a total hysterectomy by removing the uterus but leaving the ovaries and/or cervix intact.
- The ovaries and cervix are left in a partial hysterectomy to allow the woman to continue producing eggs and maintain a hormonal balance after the surgery.
- Partial hysterectomies are performed laparoscopically, vaginally, or abdominally.
- Laparoscopic subtotal hysterectomy, or laproscopically assisted supracervical partial hysterectomy (LASH), is a minimally invasive procedure performed through a small incision known as a “keyhole” incision.
- Remember that even if you have a laparoscopic procedure, recuperation will take a few days. Rest and follow your doctor’s instructions to make sure you heal as quickly as possible.
- After having a partial hysterectomy, if you would still like to have a child, there are options still available to you. Commercial surrogacy in India, for instance, is very popular and clinics in India can help you use your own egg to have a child through surrogacy.
- In a study entitled “Total Versus Subtotal Hysterectomy for Benign Gynaecological Conditions” it was reported that the length of operation and the volume of blood loss were far less in subtotal hysterectomies in comparison to total hysterectomies.
- A difference of 57ml in blood loss between total and subtotal hysterectomies.
- A difference of 11 minutes in surgical time.
About Own Egg Surrogacy
- Own egg surrogacy is a type of gestational surrogacy that allows you to have a child that is genetically yours.
- Surrogacy with the intending mother’s eggs after a partial hysterectomy is possible through gestational surrogacy and in vitro fertilization.
- To begin the in vitro fertilization process, you’ll be prescribed a medication to increase the number of eggs your body produces during a menstrual cycle.
- When the eggs have grown to the appropriate size, you’ll be put under anesthesia and the eggs will be removed before being fertilized.
- The eggs are then monitored to best decide which have the great likelihood of making a baby. Once this is decided, the eggs can be placed in a surrogate mother.
- In gestational surrogacy, the egg can either be fertilized by a sperm donor or an intended parent via in-vitro fertilization.
- Surrogacy is still illegal in some places, so you must consult your local laws. If you’d like to look outside your country or state, finding a healthy surrogate mother in India is an option you can consider, as surrogacy is both affordable and legal in India.
- When considering own egg surrogacy, it’s important to make sure you choose a surrogate mother you are comfortable with. Find someone in good health, whose care you can be assured of, throughout the procedure.
Partial hysterectomy and own egg surrogacy is an answer for many women who want children but must undergo a hysterectomy for their own health. If surrogacy in local clinics is beyond your financial reach, there are many options just a plane ride away and you can seek out informed surrogacy clinics to help you along the way.
For more information on gestational surrogacy with intended mother’s eggs after partial hysterectomy, fill-out the quote request form on the right.