Surrogacy agencies in India may represent an opportunity for couples with fertility issues to realize their dream of being able to have children. After all, in many countries high prices or legal issues can make surrogacy unfeasible. However, surrogacy cost in India is up to 50% lower than that noted in the UK, USA or Canada and this can make a real difference financially.
If you’re thinking of pursuing this type of option then there are a number of Indian agencies for surrogacy which you might like to consider.
About Surrogacy Agencies in India
Surrogacy is an arrangement in which a woman carries and gives birth to a baby on behalf of someone else. If you are struggling to conceive and have decided to elect surrogacy as a method of starting your own family, it can be difficult to know where to begin, particularly if you’re thinking of looking abroad to India.
Fortunately, commercial surrogacy in India has been legal since 2002 and, as a consequence, there are many agencies in the country which can help you achieve your goal of having a child. Any of these Indian agencies for surrogate mothers should be able to assist you as follows:
- A surrogacy agency will primarily help you find the appropriate surrogate mother for your child.
- This involves giving you as accurate a profile as possible by clearly identifying medical status and carrying out any tests which may be required. Health checks and testing for dangerous infections such as HIV are generally considered essential.
- The agency will check that the surrogate is of child bearing age and carry out regular health checks throughout the course of the pregnancy. This can include any relevant blood tests, ultrasound and consultations with an obstetrician.
- Surrogacy agencies can explain medical jargon and procedural detail during what can be a very testing and emotional journey.
- Think carefully about the location of your surrogacy clinics as agencies can be found throughout India and different cities can offer different benefits. A surrogacy agency in Mumbai, India may provide you with access to internationally renowned hospitals and doctors and give you a taste of India’s finance capital. Whereas a surrogacy agency in New Delhi, India could be useful in terms of its position as a global transport hub.
What to Discuss with Surrogacy Agencies in India
If you are going to seek the services of surrogacy centres in India, you may want to have a checklist of things prior to embarking on your India surrogacy journey.
- Make sure that you understand the overall procedure and discuss any issues or queries you might have prior to your trip.
- Agencies will have dealt with numerous people in your situation and will therefore be able to address your concerns and allay any fears.
- Remember to consider your legal position when selecting surrogacy; India surrogacy law may differ considerably from that in your own country and it’s important to thoroughly discuss the legal status of surrogacy in India prior to commencement of the procedure.
- Carry out online research before you book to ensure that your clinic and physician meet your requirements.
- Look for information regarding the reputation of the agency; patient testimonials may give you advice and information about what to expect.
- India boasts of a booming medical industry with many high quality facilities and doctors who have internationally recognized skills and qualifications.
- The advent of modern technology means that you can easily keep in close contact with your surrogacy agency via the internet.
- Check that you have the appropriate documentation in place prior to your visit.
- English is widely spoken in India, and it won’t be difficult to find doctors and members of surrogacy agencies, who can converse in English. For other languages, language interpreters can be arranged, but you must inform them in advance.
If you’re a childless couple desperate to start your own family, you might have considered India as a country for surrogacy. In this situation, employing the services of surrogacy agencies in India can help you through the whole process, guiding you on your journey to parenthood.